Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Updates

Husband is up to around 16 pounds lost! It's really cool. I'm super proud of him; he's not only losing weight, but I think he's feeling more confident and happy as a result.

I've managed to lose 2 pounds in the last week just by tracking my food again. Which, for a week, is not terrible for normal weight loss.

July 4th was a slight bit challenging. There was a lot of food that was completely off limits - while I can pull off a hamburger and still knock off 2 pounds a week, he can't. He spent a lot of time away from the food as a result. At one of the barbecues we were at, they made stuff that he could eat. It helps that one of the people there is starting the same diet today (July 5th, although it'll be the 6th by the time this gets posted). She wisely waited until after the 4th to start.

I haven't had any recipes to report because my husband has started cooking more as he adjusts, which is great! It's cool to see him get excited about cooking stuff and how to create dishes that work for him. This is a lot of what I have done in the past while losing weight, as it helps to focus on what you CAN have over what you can't.

Some things he's made are some awesome spicy scrambled eggs with green onion and some garlic chicken on the grill. He's totally awesome at looking at ways to put stuff together.

I'm thinking some egg lemon soup sounds good, myself. It's nice having more healthy stuff in the house again.

No comments:

Post a Comment